MY FB FAN PAGE :)

Sunday, October 9, 2011

HARRIS JAYARAJ "ON THE EDGE" LIVE IN CONCERT @ MAYAJAAL, CHENNAI ON OCT 8, 2011: REVIEW

The title of this post is about MY GOD, MY IDOL...one of the GREATEST DREAMS/WISHES I'VE EVER HAD in life...AND THE PLACE & DATE ON WHICH ...IT BECAME A REALITY !!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

This is A KILOMETER-LONG POST ...I have divided it into sections...So you may choose to scroll down & fast-forward to the "Concert begins" section if you don't have patience :D

I don't have a smartphone, so there are no pics/videos in this post.

Before the review:

You should know that I am a FANATIC, LUNATIC & MANIACAL DEVOTEE of Harris Jayaraj & not just a fan :D ...So my review is bound to contain loads of smileys & caps which may seem unwanted to you, but HAVE to COMPULSORILY be used by me to even come remotely close to doing justice to what my ACTUAL feelings are !! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

To understand better, you may read my previous posts about this - My wishlist for the concert & How much this concert means to me

The wait & the build-up:

The concert was supposed to happen on Oct 2nd...but got postponed to Oct 8th due to a bad weather forecast...I had booked my train tickets to & from Chennai for Oct 2nd ...but ended up cancelling ....A trip on the Oct 8th-9th weekend was anyways planned ...So I came to Chennai yesterday ..in very high spirits...

& the day was FINALLY here!!! ONE OF MY GREATEST DREAMS IN LIFE WAS GONNA COME TRUE !! OMG!!!!!!!!!! The excitement started building ....I tried hard to suppress my smile in front of everyone & God alone knows how I controlled myself from jumping up & down & howling in excitement :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Within myself, I was undoubtedly doing that !!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

So yes...It was 3 pm...I took a bus to Thiruvanmiyur & another bus from there to Mayajaal ...I reached Mayajaal at around 4.25 pm...Outside, there were HUGE banners &a arches....with posters of THE MAN...MY GOD & the event ...I smiled wide !! :) :) :) :) :) ...This was the first time I had been to Mayajaal ...I walked in...saw a stall set up for this concert...They redirected me towards the stadium to collect tickets booked online ...I walked along Barista...went up to the venue, got my ticket from a group of people sitting under Radio Mirchi umbrellas...

The ticket itself was SO AWESOME & UNIQUE - A 3D ticket...which showed 2 different pictures when viewed from different angles - one, a picture of the poster which had the words Indian Rupee ₹2000, platinum, blue gate written on it & the other, a white color Karbon phone...It was still 4.30 pm..It was too early...I walked over to Arasuvai only to see it shut down...So I went back to Mayajaal ...went in & took a round inside the plaza...I had a look at the food court...Nothing seemed interesting, so I came back to Barista....Thank God they accepted Sodexho coupons & thank God I had got them to Chennai :D ...I had Pasta Olivia, Panneer Tikka Sandwich & a Black Forest Blast...I decided to go to the venue...So I walked to the blue gate, the guard outside seemed to be color blind ...He told me - "Green andha pakkam saar!"...Someone else then said - "idhu blue saar ...enna sollarenga?!" ..Then my ticket was punched and I entered in...I was given a 3d glass, half-red & half-cyan...There was no security check at all !! DAMN..I should've got my camera!!! Why, anyone could've gotten even a bomb inside !!! PATHETIC SECURITY !!!

Once I entered inside:

I was blown away by a GIGANTIC stage ...with a blue+black background on the screen...with posters of the man :) & my God :)...There was a soundcheck going on as I entered ...I saw chairs covered neatly with white clothes in my zone...I caught a nice place, from which there was a very good, clear & unblocked view of the stage...the Indian Rupee ₹5000 zone seemed very small & was just about 5-6 rows of chairs in front of my zone...Anyways, behind me was a Telugu speaking crowd...I looked around...I saw Mayajaal's "The champ" sports village building...looked like a pavillion...There were floodlights all around...The tents which covered the instruments in the stage were being removed one by one...A heavy-metal soundcheck was happening...There was one control unit near me & one in the pavillion...

There was a screen nearby, which flashed "Send an SMS greeting to Harris!" and was playing all the SMSes sent wishing luck to Harris...The soundcheck guy was getting annoying by saying "Chew" for 2, and adding extra accent...I could see hoardings of sponsors all over - Pothy's, Anuj Tiles & Saravana Stores...I put on my 3d glasses...the background looked wonderful - with blue stripes moving over the black background ...A LOVELY color combination !!! The images & text were really shining bright! The lights above the stage were flashing in red, purple & blue ..The "Oh mama mama" portion of Nangai was there in the soundcheck...

The VIP area had circular dining tables & chairs around them...Suddenly, there was a windows explorer window on the stage background :D ..Thank God it wasn't the concert yet :P...Other stands had plastic chairs...Some 3d animations were also being tested on the stage background ...The messages continued flashing on the screen...One of the messages was "Thalaiva adichu thuvachu kaaya podurom - isai minnal fans" ..There was a funny message though - "Every hair is Jeyaraj" by a certain Chockalingam! :P :D (Arun Chockalingam, was it you!?? :D :P )

There was a message displayed - "Keep sending in your smses and get personalized DVDs signed by Harris Jayaraj"...I sent in an SMS too - "Ive come all d way frm Blore 4 dis..M sure itll b 200% worth it! All d best, harris! God bless - ashwin" ..I got an automated reply - "Hi thankyou, or coming for "Harris on the Edge" - Yours Harris Jayaraj"...

The background was turned off at 6.15 pm...The smoke was tested...Someone in the VIP area looked like director Lingusamy...not sure though! I made friends with a guy called Arun who sat next to me...Another soundcheck happened at 7 pm...with the grand piano...The funny messages continued - "HJ you are India's MJ - Magesh" & "Please allow 500 audience to Marrybrown..Hungry Sangam"...In the middle of the grand piano soundcheck, a bit of Venmathiye was played...There was all sorts of random testing on the grand piano...

It was past 7.15 pm or so.. A feeble light flashed from the stage ..only to be turned off in seconds...The crew seemed to be in a huddle discussing something at length...There was a HUGE crowd ..which was getting impatient by the second...Random shouts, whistles & howls began & triggered the whole crowd into doing the same ...at 7.30 pm, someone even shouted "kosu kadi thaangala!" :D :D ..which was true!!! I was wearing shorts :(, so it was HIGHLY IRRITATING !!

2 of them in the Indian Rupee ₹5000 zone got very angry & started lambasting the officials...I dunno if they were drunk or not ...but they started getting abusive ...and raised their voices to such an extent that Harris could've probably heard it backstage!!!!

Soon, the Indian Rupee ₹500 zone people were promoted to the Indian Rupee ₹1000 zone....and a mob-like crowd started clashing with the police ...some chairs were thrown ...the situation was soon getting out of hand, when at 7.50 pm, an announcement was made that the concert would start soon...

Concert begins:

8 pm - Song #1 - Naveen Kumar started the proceedings of the magic show by weaving the tune of "Poopol poopol" from his flute...The crowd got ecstatic at once...howled, whistled, cheered & shouted in unison...The wait was over !!! A voice was heard singing the lines "Poopol poopol" ...
It ended with a HUGE round of applause...

8.04 pm - A man held the mike & sang - "Paarvaigal unakkoru allergy ada, availa paarthadhum unakkulle energy ada"...the crowd cheered...He then said "My name is Gautham Vasudev Menon ...", he had to pause to the crowd's HUGE HOWL & my extra-huge howl for my favorite director :) :) :)...before he continued to shower praises on Harris and how happy he was that Harris had finally decided to perform live...He said - "Chennai..please welcome Harris Jayaraj!" ...and the crowd howled..

8.05 pm - Song #2 - The theme of Anniyan, Stranger in Black began ...it seemed to be the actual one though. None of the musicians were doing anything when this happened...Anyways at the end of the song, the 3d footage on the stage screen showed the face of Harris in a blue background, much to the crowd's delight ...

8.08 pm - Song #3 -
FINALLY, THE MAGIC WAS IN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A heavy metal guitar HELD BY THE MAN ...THE GOD HIMSELF ...HARRIS JAYARAJ...let out sparks of fire ...along with flower pots lighting up on the stage...Deepavali was here already!! :D
"Good evening Chennai" shouted Krish ...who started grooving along to the acid rock rhythm ...and at the count of 4 ...began "Adiye Kolluthey" ...NOW, THAT'S WHAT YOU CALL A ROCKING START !!!!!! WOW !!!! THE MAGIC WAS ALREADY IN !!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) WOW !!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) The 3D background was AWESOME ..and complimented the performance really well !! Sunitha Sarathy made a brilliant entry in the middle to sing the female portion ...WHAT A VOICE !!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!! I'm a HUGE fan of Sunitha Sarathy ever since Aayudha Ezhuthu until "Ye Cheekati" from Happy Days.

This song was AWESOME !!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) A NEAR-TO-PERFECT, ROCKING & ROLLICKING START to the concert :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) The song ended with Surya doing his famed guitar playing action, on the stagescreen, much to the delight of the crowd...the crowd was instantly ON THE EDGE of their seats :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

8.13 pm - Song #4 - Mirchi Suchi (Suchitra) started muttering Harris' famed gibberish, the song was "Pudhu Pudhu" from Dhaam Dhoom ...Benny Dayal & Sricharan (EDITED) joined in ...This song wasn't one of my favorites...But WHAT A ROCKING PERFORMANCE IT WAS ...from Suchi & Benny & Sricharan (EDITED) ...THEY JUST NAILED IT !!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

8.18 pm - Song #5 - A video footage began on the screen ...Surya telling Simran - "Hi Malini ..I am Krishnan" ...the CROWD ROAREDDDDD !!!!!!!!! Oh yes oh yes oh yes !!!!!!!!!! WE LIKED IT !!!!! WE WANTED IT !!!!! IT WAS SWEET !!!!!!!!! Naresh Iyer made his entry masterfully singing "Mundhinam Paartheney" ...The saxophone interlude for some reason wasn't heard ...Nevertheless, Harini (one of Harris' & my favorite singers with an ABSOLUTE DELIGHT of a voice) joined in the middle to sing the female portion WONDERFULLY WELL ...The background on the stage screen showed video clips of the song interspersed with pics of Madras in the 1970s...HOW VERY THOUGHTFUL !! HATS OFF TO THE CREATIVITY OF AL VIJAY ...the director of the concert & Goutham Menon, the original brain behind the song!

8.24 pm - Song #6 ..Right after an image of "Ekam" flashed ...& went ...the focus light shifted to the grand piano...Harris started playing it ...Tippu made his entry with "Venmathiye" !!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) WOW !!!!!!!!!!! ONE OF HARRIS' ALL-TIME BEST SONGS THIS EARLY !!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) WOW WOW WOW !!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ....The stage screen showed a sky, a moon & a cloud ...Tippu was BRILLIANT in his performance as always!! My howls hit the roof during the piano interlude of the song, where the focus light shifted to Harris again...THIS WAS A MASTERPIECE & HEART-WARMING PERFORMANCE by Harris & Tippu...

8.31 pm - Song #7 ...It was a DRASTIC turn of events ...with Suchi coming again singing "Yelo yelelo yelelo yela langadiyon" along with a koothu beat !! A familiar voice started singing "Kalyanamthaan Kattikittu Odi Polama?!" ....I took off my 3d glasses & had a look at the nearby screen...WHAT !!!!!! OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS THE SINGER KK HIMSELF !!!!!!!!!! WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!! HE WAS THERE IN THIS CONCERT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ...."SO UYIRIN UYIRE IS DEFINITELY GONNA BE THERE LATER ON !!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) " was the FIRST THING which came to my mind !!!!!!! The stage screen had a background of village folk - pillars and elephants...some dancers were dancing as well...on stage !!!! KK had a difficulty in remembering the lyrics ...He constantly looked into a paper and sang the song ..Nevertheless, KK rocks !!!!! As did Suchi !!! Such a delightful song :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I have lost count of the number of times I have sung this song EVERYDAY NON-STOP during my PUC days ...:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) and to see it live nearly brought tears to my eyes :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

8.36 pm - Song #8 - Harris began speaking ...He said he felt very good about performing live for the first time & he said that behind every successful song, there's the contribution of not just the music director, but also the director, lyricist, singer & a whole bunch of musicians & other engineers....He expressed his good fortune of having been able to work with directors like Goutham Menon...and he felt sad about missing his dear friend, late director Jeeva ...Naveen's flute started producing some random notes....until director Jeeva's pic was displayed & the beginning of "Anbe En Anbe" began ...the crowd was equally touched & moved by this gesture ...& unanimously clapped ...before Harish Raghavendra started churning out magic through his breath-taking voice !!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) This song is ONE OF THE BEST SONGS of the phenomenal Harris-Harish Raghavendra combo!!! WOW !!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I just felt like CRYING in joy & disbelief !!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I was ACTUALLY SEEING all these divine masterpieces & works of God being performed in front of my own eyes !!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I still couldn't believe it !!! Anyway, Harish was SUPERB...The 3d background had pics of exotic locations ..with apt animations of snow for the "kulir kaalam", rain for the "mazhai kaalam" etc ...AL Vijay, take a bow!!! :) :)

8.43 pm - Song #9 - A trumpet started blowing LOUDLY ...& soon enough "Pala pala" from Ayan began with Haricharan making his entry ....Again, this isn't one of my favorite numbers ...but it was an AWESOME performance ::) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ...& it certainly DID NOT FAIL to put a smile on my face :)

8.49 pm - Song #10 - I have a feeling that this was Devan Ekambaram ..or MAY BE it was Rahul Nambiar (EDITED: It was Devan, as confirmed by Singer Megha on Twitter)..I am not sure ...but after strumming a guitar and singing a few English lines ...He started singing "Iru Vizhi Unadhu" ...The crowd roared in amazement !!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I was like - "OMG !! WOWWWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ...about to cry in joy! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Minnale happens to be my ALL-TIME favorite film ...& to see MAGIC from that being produced LIVE...I really can't explain it ..:) :) :) :)

8.52 pm - Song #11 - Harris said "idhu varaikkum vandhurkara padangal lerndhu paadalgala paarthurkenga...ippo oru yet-to-be-released....padathulerndhu...exclusively for you all..paarkaporenga" ...One didn't need knowledge of rocket science to spontaneously shout "7am arivuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!" ...Sharmila & Suchi came out & started singing the gibberish & the HEAVILY POUNDING, PULSATING beat began ...with Benny Dayal taking over to sing "Oh ringa ringa"....I hate this song the most ...from 7am Arivu ...simply because of its undeniable resemblance to A.R.Rahman's "Taxi taxi" ...& overdose of gibberish ...This was the low point of the concert according to me...It was an absolutely nice performance, no doubt ...Just that I didn't like this song so much ...IF ONLY IT WERE "YELLAI LAMA"!!!!! SIGH!! :( I would've got up & danced even ALONE ..if that were the case!! But it was not to be! At the end of the song, some even said "Copy copy" (like how coffee servers shout in trains) and had the whole crowd in splits !!!

8.59 pm - Song #12 - Before the actual beat of the song began, Harris did a T.Rajendar by making up the beat in his mouth !!!!! :D ...What followed was "Thoodhu Varuma", AN ABSOLUTE KNOCKOUT OF A PERFORMANCE by Sunitha Sarathy ...She just BRUTALLY NAILED this one ...with her attire, dance moves, MAGICAL, ALLURING, MESMERIZING VOICE & PERFORMANCE...WITH A MOUTH OPEN & FROZEN AFTER SAYING "WOW"...I WAS REALLY LEFT GASPING FOR BREATH AT THE END OF THIS ONE !!!!!!!

9.05 pm - Song #13 - Krish came in & started with "Anbe unnaal manam freezing" ...WOW !!! But where was Karthik?!! Hello!?? It was only THEN that I realized Karthik wasn't gonna be there :( :( Booo!! Until then I thought that it would be a late entry for Karthik, just like how it was in Yuvan's concert ...Sharmila started the female rap ...There was a dance performance too at the background ...it was awesome...Krish & Sricharan (EDITED) were doing an awesome job singing "Hasili Fisili" with the singing & Harini joined in the middle only to beautify it further with more magic .......WOW !!! LOVED THIS BLOCKBUSTER HIT OF A SONG BEING PERFORMED LIVE !!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Harris came forward, playing the continuum fingerboard a la ARR ...and it was MIND-BLOWING & SPECTACULAR !! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9.11 pm - Song #14 - Harris wasn't present on stage for this one ....a random guitar strumming was going on for quite some time ...until the crowd applauded in appreciation ...& the strumming of "Nenjukkul Peidhidum" began ..WOW !!!! A RECORD-SHATTERING SHOCK-BUSTER OF A SONG WAS THERE !!!!! It was Haricharan who did the honors ...there was a brilliant animation going on in the stage screen as well ....with lotuses...If I'm not wrong, Megha contributed with an AWESOME humming!!!! WOW was all I could say at the end of this song !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9.19 pm - Song #15 - THE SONG OF THE YEAR 2011 WITHOUT A DOUBT...THE SONG EVERYONE WAS WAITING FOR...AS WAS EVIDENT FROM THE SMSes WHICH APPEARED ON SCREEN ...THE SENSATIONALLY EXTRAORDINARILY ADDICTIVE "ENNAMO EDHO" BEGAN ...with the bassoon I guess...along with Aalaap Raju who made his entry with a "Yea" ...& then TOOK OVER....with Megha appearing in between for Prashanthini's brief humming in the original....(EDITED: It was Harini, as confirmed by Singer Megha on Twitter) Also, it was Sricharan on the rap portion of this song (EDITED)

THE CROWD ROARED THE MOST FOR THIS ONE ...THE HOWLS WERE THE HIGHEST FOR THIS ONE ...THIS WAS WHAT MORE OR LESS EVERYBODY WAS WAITING FOR !!!!!!! THIS WAS THE SIZZLING HIT OF THE YEAR !!!!!!!!!!! AND IT WAS FINALLY THERE !!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!! BOY OH BOY OH BOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I WAS LEVITATED AND WAS FLYING RIGHT AWAY !!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I SANG THE WHOLE SONG ALONG !!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) WHAT A DIVINE, BLISSFUL, PEACEFUL FEELING IT WAS !!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) Also, I HAVE TO MENTION ...WHAT A BRILLIANT DANCE PERFORMANCE IT WAS ...from the dancer in the background ...also the sync of the dance with the animation on the stage screen...WOW!!!!! ALL-AROUND AWESOMENESS WHICH CAUSED SPEECHLESSNESS !!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9.24 pm - Song #16 - Benny Dayal started off with "Oh ho ho hoooooo" ...The crowd recognized it in a flash ...It was "Oyayiye" from Ayan ....I knew this was gonna be there ...because Shalini who soon made her entry had earlier mentioned on her FB page...that she was gonna be singing this ...Haricharan joined them. Again, this isn't one of my favorite songs...but it was A SUPERB performance from the trio ...Especially from Shalini, who, I felt, sang this EVEN BETTER than Chinmayi ...There was AWESOME coordination with the animation on the stage screen as well ...

9.30 pm - Song #17 - Harris began this song with its interlude on the keyboard - WOWWWWW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS WAS THE PEAK OF BLISS ....THE PEAK OF PEACE...THE PEAK OF LOVE...THE PEAK OF FEELINGS ...THE PEAK OF AWESOMENESS....THE PEAK OF EVERYTHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Naveen began the flute of MY ALL-TIME 2ND MOST FAVORITE SONG AFTER "Neethaane" - "Vaseegara" :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)....I nearly CRIED IN UNCONTROLLABLE BLISS, as Megha sang this one with such beauty & grace & a divine feel :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ....THIS WAS THE CRUX OF THE ENTIRE CONCERT ...& REMAINS HARRIS' ALL-TIME BEST SONG TILL DATE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS SONG WAS PERFORMED ....I WAS MORE THAN SATISFIED ....:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ....THIS WAS WHAT I PERSONALLY WAS WAITING FOR .....THIS SONG WAS WHAT I WANTED TO SEE LIVE ....SINCE 10 YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) WOWWWWW !!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9.36 pm - Song #18 - WHAT DOES HARRIS DO WHEN HE FINISHES HIS ALL-TIME BEST SONG ??????? SIMPLE ..HE GOES TO HIS ALL-TIME 2ND-BEST ONE !!!!! :D :D :D ...

Suchitra came in mouthing the MOTHER OF ALL HUMS & THE MOTHER OF ALL GIBBERISH - "Oh Maha Zeeya Vaahiyaala" ...OMG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ANOTHER UNFULFILLED WISH COME TRUE !!!!!!!!!!!!! I had attended the KK concert in Bangalore YEARS ago ...He had sung EVERY awesome song except "Uyirin Uyire"...I always wished I would get to see KK sing this one live someday ....AND THAT SOMEDAY WAS TODAY !!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
KK, though he took help from a piece of paper ...was SUPER-AWESOMELY EXTRAORDINARILY BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Let me admit, that until now ...even though I had LOVED this concert ...I kinda felt Yuvan's concert was SLIGHTLY better ...BUT THIS SONG WAS THE EQUALIZER !!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) WHAT A ROCKING, OUT-OF-THE-WORLD, PULSATING, POUNDING, MIND-BLASTING PERFORMANCE IT WAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! KK IS SUPER-AWESOME ...& HARRIS IS GOD ...WHEN THE 2 COMBINE ...YOU GET IRREPLACEABLE, INCOMPARABLE MAGICAL AWESOMENESS !!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) .....

AND WITH THE GENIUS OF RAJESH VAIDYA ON THE VEENA ....YOU GET NIRVANA !!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) The video animation on the stage screen was BRILLIANT as well ....EVERYTHING PUT TOGETHER, PUT ME IN A TRANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) The dancers were awesome too !!! Credit to them !!!!!

NO WONDER THERE WERE MANY "ONCE MORE" SHOUTS ONCE THIS SONG WAS OVER !!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9.42 pm - Song #19 -

There was a notice on the stage screen to put on the 3d glasses ...It was back to folklore ...as the "Randakka" beat began ...with a BRILLIANTLY CRAFTED animation...full of objects, flowers, fruits and what not ...flying towards you ...Snakes being charmed and biting you RIGHT at your face ...Sticks flying towards you ....SUPER-AWESOME VIDEO ....Wonderful singing by Haricharan/Rahul Nambiar/Devan (I'm not sure which one among the 3) (EDITED: It was KK, as confirmed by Singer Megha on Twitter), Krish/Raju (the 2 dressed up very similarly ..so it was hard to make out the difference) ....& the female portion was of course MASTERFULLY rendered by Harini :)
WOW !!! I remember what a SUPER-HIT this song was in 2005 ...and to see it live ..All I can say is - :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9.48 pm - Song #20 -
Harris came forward...he was gonna sing this one ...along with Benny (EDITED: It was Rahul Nambiar, as confirmed by Singer Megha on Twitter) who started with the hoarse voice - "valliye chakkaravalliye" ...The crowd howled in excitement !!! They knew it ...a screaming MJ-style koothu song was gonna appear before them...

This song was THE BIGGEST SURPRISE of the whole event ....Harris had so far appeared everywhere as a silent, shy, reticent, soft, mild & gentle kinda guy ...BUT GOD KNOWS WHICH SPIRIT CAME INTO HIM THEN, WHAT AVATHAARAM HE TRANSFORMED HIMSELF TO ....HE BECAME THIS NITRO-BOOST FILLED, HIGHLY ENERGETIC, PULSE-PACKED, MONSTER OF A ROCKSTAR ...AS HE EFFORTLESSLY BELTED OUT "OH MAMA MAMA" along with Benny!!! He was dancing too !!!!! Did MJ's soul get into HJ for a few minutes ?????!!!!!!

THIS WAS ONE OF THE BEST PERFORMANCES OF THE SHOW ... A side of Harris which NONE OF US EVER KNEW EXISTED, CAME INTO LIGHT !!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

9.53 pm - Song #21 -
A rap which began with "Raghavan ...", along with dancers in a police outfit beating up other dancers dressed as criminals got the crowd's whistles touching an all-time high as the video of Ulaga Nayagan Kamal Hassan from the original song "Karka Karka" appeared on the stage screen ...I think it was Devan (or may be Rahul Nambiar, not sure)(EDITED: It was Devan, as confirmed by singer Megha on Twitter) who did a pretty decent job with the rap ...Tippu, of course...was AWESOME ...

SO FAR...EVERYONE'S MOUTH WAS WIDE OPEN IN AMAZEMENT ...IT WAS NOW THAT DEHYDRATION WAS BEGINNING TO HAPPEN AT MAYAJAAL...SALIVA BEGAN TO POUR FROM EVERY SHAMELESS, DESPERATE MALE'S MOUTH LIKE WATERFALLS !!!!....AS A SIMPLY STUNNING, SUPER-HOT, BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL ANDREA JEREMIAH MADE HER ENTRY IN A BLACK OUTFIT !!!

The same question I had asked during the Yuvan concert applies here too ...WHAT DO PEOPLE ADMIRE FOR ??!!! HER IMMACULATELY SUPER-AWESOME VOICE ...OR HER OH-SO-SUPER HOT & OH-SO-SUPER-SEXY LOOKS ??!! :D :D ...& EVEN SEXIER DANCE MOVES ??!!! :D :D WOW !!!!!!

It was a STUNNING performance as well as a visual TREAT !! :D :P

9.58 pm - Song #22 -
The focus light suddenly went on to the VIP seating area ...with Krish with a hat...on top of one of the tables ...who said - "Oru koothu podalaama?" ...He said "Vijay Ethiraj anne ...James anne ...enna sollarenga?!" ...He asked the crowd "Evalo peru girl friends vechurkenga? Peru Anjala nu?" ...The crowd roared !!!
This one was AWESOME ...as he got the HUGE crowd to finish the lines which he started ...

"Ava enna enna thedi vantha", began Krish ...
"Anjalaaaaaaa", ROARED the crowd on top of their voices ...The beat began, after Krish said "Start meesik" a la Goundamani....The crowd applauded ...
The stage-screen had a picture of a blood-stained heart ...and broken red flowers ...

Krish turned a song of pathos into a comical one with this act ...but it was really good singing, nevertheless ...Megha's humming added to the beauty of the song ....Krish fell down at the end of the song & asked "eppdi?" ...the crowd responded - "SOOOPERRRRR !!!!!!!"

10.05 pm - Song #23 -
A bongo drums percussion began ...I THINK this one was Rahul Nambiar ..OR was it Devan..I'm not sure (EDITED: It was Rahul, as confirmed by Singer Megha on Twitter)...I DIDN'T NOTICE !!!!! :D :P ...as I took off my 3d glasses ...& my eyes were all on the already super-hot Andrea who just looked hotter in a skirt this time !! :D :P
It was again, an absolute CRACKER of a performance ...with her vocal chords touching the HIGH levels which she does only in concerts ...I remember how OH-SO-CRAZY I was about this song, when it came out in 2005 ...& to see it LIVE ...I was all smiles :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ...of course, like a typical, desperate & shameless guy, I was all joll too :D :D :D :P

10.11 pm - Song #24 -
Harris came forward & started thanking all his musicians ...he introduced everyone ...forgetting a few names once in a while ...However, Rajesh Vaidya, Keith Peters, Naveen Kumar are HUGELY popular names in the music scene & they received the loudest cheers !!!! Actually no, Harris thanked the audience, saying "Whatever am I today, is because of you all...Ungalukku thaan naan en nandri aa theruvichukkanum", which was received with the loudest howls .!!

He then went on to the next song ... Krish & Devan began by singing - "Vennilave Velli velli nilave" ...which got the crowd howling when the beat started ...This was gonna be the last song, as Krish started calling the singers one by one ....after every 3-4 lines - Haricharan, Tippu, Benny, Harish Raghavendra, Aalaap Raju, Naresh Iyer, KK, Rahul Nambiar ...Finally, towards the last stanza ...all the female singers came forward as well & sang the chorus in a higher octave!!!! ...WOW !!! WHAT A HUGE, ENSEMBLE OF SINGERS !!!!!!! WHAT ENERGY !!!!!!!!!!!

BREATHTAKING, CHOKING, HEART-STOPPING FIREWORKS BEGAN !!!!! ....THE SKY WAS FILLED WITH ROCKET-CRACKERS !!!!!!!!!! IT WAS DIWALI ALREADY ...OR WAS IT THE US INDEPENDENCE DAY ??!!!!! EVERYONE LOOKED ABOVE ...BUT THERE WERE FLOWER POTS ON STAGE TOO !!!! Harris came forward with the continuum again ...Finally, they all bowed down ...Harris said - "Hope you had a good time ...Thank you!!!"

WHEW !!!!!! THE CONCERT MAY HAVE ENDED ....BUT I WAS STILL DAZED ....WHAT WAS I DOING ??!! WHERE WAS I ??!! WITHOUT REALIZING, I HAD BEEN SITTING IN THE SAME POSE FOR 3 HOURS !!!!!! I had got cramps !!!!!! My legs were NUMB !!!! I JUST DIDN'T REALIZE IT BECAUSE I WAS SO LOST !!!!!!!

WHAT HAD HAPPENED TO ME ?!!!!!!! WHY DID I FEEL AS IF I WAS DEAD ?!!!! WHY DID I FEEL WEIGHTLESS ?!!!! WHY DID I FEEL A SENSE OF PEACE & CALM & BLISS TO THIS EXTENT, TO THIS DEGREE...WHICH I HAVE NEVER SEEN IN 24 YEARS !!!!!!!! WHY DID I FEEL LIKE REMAINING IN THIS STATE FOREVER & NEVER GOING BACK TO LIFE ?!!!!!! WHICH DID I FEEL I WAS THERE IN THE PARADISE I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE IN, WITH GOD RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY EYES ?!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

People were leaving....In this LOST PARADISE, I lost my ticket !!! DAMN IT !!!!! I usually preserve the tickets of such things as memoirs ..I went to my seat and searched ...it was gone !!! DAMN DAMN DAMN !!!!!!!!! Anyways, I picked up one of the complementary blue tickets which had fallen down ...& took it ...As I walked back, people were being interviewed by a Jaya TV reporter...However, that guy was mostly asking only women about their experiences !!! SIDEY fellow !!!!!!!! :P :P....Can't blame him though ...after Andrea increased the desperation of all the shameless, single men out there :P :P ...I would've probably done the same thing if I were in his place :D :D :P I walked past the backstage exit ...I walked RIGHT IN FRONT OF Gautam Menon's Audi ...with him driving ...People were clicking photos ...WOW !!!!!!!!!! Less than 5 feet in front of my favorite director Gautam Menon !!:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I SAVORED & CHERISHED EVERY BIT OF THE MOMENT !!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I walked back to the exit, caught a Thiruvanmiyur bus ...Sruthi had messaged - "Attaining Nirvana? ;)" ..."Attained! :D" ..I replied ...Yeah, seriously, I WAS SO DAZED ..I WAS SO LOST ...I WASN'T ON EARTH...MY BODY MIGHT'VE BEEN IN THE BUS ...BUT MY SOUL WAS WHERE IT LOVED TO BELONG - THE MOST PEACEFUL, THE MOST CALM PARADISE OUT OF THE UNIVERSE...RIGHT THERE...WITH THE GOD IT ALWAYS WANTED TO SEE FOR YEARS...& SPEND TIME WITH ...If someone had stolen things from me, I might not have noticed :D :P (Ok I hope my mom didn't read this :P :P...If she did, I'm just exaggerating :P :P ) ...I SAT THERE, TRANSFIXED & FROZEN ...

& had decided on my FB status msg -
"SOMEBODY ...PLEASE GET ME BACK TO EARTH...SEA LEVEL !!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

PLEASE BRING ME BACK TO LIFE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :)

I AM FROZEN WITH A SMILE....& FLOATING SOMEWHERE WAY ABOVE THIS UNIVERSE .....DREAMLAND !!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I FINALLY SAW MY GOD Harris Jayaraj LIVE IN FRONT OF MY OWN EYES !!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ...
ONE OF MY GREATEST DREAMS/WISHES HAS COME TRUE !!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) WHAT A FEELING !! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
DIVINE PEACE & BLISS !!!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Blog post coming soon!"

as well as a TRap - "En deivam Harris Jayarajil enakku irukku eppozhudhum anayaadha bhakthi ...
aanaal indru poyi vittadhu en udambil irundha sakthi ...
naan ippozhudhu jeevanam illamal oru vyakthi..

yen endraal Harris On The Edge: HarrisJayaraj WorldTour/Concertil enakku kidaithadhu mukthi :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)"

As expected, I missed my stop ...got down one stop ahead ...only to see 29 C coming ...I rushed in...and I lost my soul again :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) I felt like crying ...but the tears, somehow weren't coming...may they were frozen too!!!!!! I really felt like dying ...I felt the greatest desire of my life had been fulfilled ...I really didn't want anything more in life !!!! If I were to die at that point, it would've been the happiest death in the world !!!! :D ..

I only pray to God that when I die, I don't want my soul to go to heaven or hell ...I want my soul/spirit to tour the world along with Harris...because that is where it will ACTUALLY REST IN PEACE :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ...Sure, it can go along with Yuvan too...but there, there won't be any rest ...because the soul will dance & rock like never before :D :P....but with Harris ...even the soul would lose itself !!!!!!!!!!

DAMN !!! IF ONLY I WERE AFFLUENT WITH WEALTH ...I would've attended the concert in every venue !!!!!!!!!! However, I'm still a software engineer who is less than a year into his first job ...so it is not practical to blow so much of cash ...DAMN !!!!!! WHY DOES PRACTICALITY HAVE TO FORCE ITS WAY INTO EVERY HUMAN LIFE !!!!!! :( :( :(

Well, comparisons with the Yuvan concert are obviously bound to happen ...Even though I'm a Harris devotee, I would rate both the concerts equally ...Yuvan's was good in terms of performances & song selection, which was near-to-perfect ...This one was good in terms of magnificence, grandeur, surprises & performances ....

Life, for the past 3-4 days has been NOTHING SHORT OF A FAIRY-TALE !!!! I thank God for giving me this experience ...I dunno how much time will transpire before my heart, mind & soul come back from this fairytale land ...back to Earth, where my body is ....I don't care if I die ....But I hope Harris Jayaraj never dies !!!!!! ...because if he does, the universe will lose one of its main sources of supreme bliss !!! Praise the Lord !!! Heartfelt thanks to God and my God, Harris for making this day happen ....for making a long-cherished dream in life come true!!! (I still can't believe it, though !!! )

Cheers,
Ashwin...

10 comments:

meyyappanram said...

dude hj rply for ur rview i send it to harris jeyaraj on twittr. he thought i wrote th blog

meyyappanram meyyappan
@
@Jharrisjayaraj ashwinskumar.blogspot.com/2011/10/harris…
1 hour ago Favorite Reply Delete
in reply to ↑

@Jharrisjayaraj
Harris Jayaraj
@meyyappanram Read your blog fully. I am very much moved and wish to see you once in person..my request (please never see anybody as god)TC.
21 minutes ago via Twitter for iPad
Favorite Retweet Reply
replies ↓

meyyappanram meyyappan
@
@Jharrisjayaraj sir thanks but u mistaken that not me if get that guy i will twet u sure u reply him sir. i will found that guy soon


meyyappanram meyyappan
@
@Jharrisjayaraj sir he is that guy pls reply him,. if u reply he will be happy sir.i too dont know him sir twitter.com/ashwinskumar

Arun said...

Fantastic Review Ashwin!!!


OMG You noticed my SMS as i sent Isai minnal fans even i didn't...


ArunKumar

Ashwin S Kumar said...

Thank you :) :)

SHALINI said...

thanks alot for your remarks on the song I sang... and i must say this of hell of a review :-)

Ashwin S Kumar said...

Wow !! Thank you so much, ma'am !! I'm really honored to see you like & comment on this post of mine !!

Thank you very much for this wonderful gesture!! :) God bless!! :)

Also, wishing you the very best for the rest of the tour, ma'am !! :)

guna said...

Hi, Ashwin Thanks for your feedback and reviw.My MD is the producer of the concert.I think you felt the highest level of enjoy.

Ashwin S Kumar said...

Thanks for your comment Guna ..A big congratulations & thanks to your producer for having given us such a rocking concert! :)

Kumar said...

hi, just read this post.. excellent one.. and im one of the Harris Jayaraj fan page moderator.. i post this page in my page where there about 14k members.. :)

http://www.facebook.com/harrisjayaraj

Ashwin S Kumar said...

thanks a lot :)

Mahendran jaganathan said...

Thanks for sharing information